We, as United Methodist Volunteers in Mission of the Rio Texas Conference, acknowledge the fact that we were created for the greater purpose of doing God’s will. We believe in Jesus Christ, that he is the Son of God, that he gave His life that we may live, and that we are to live our lives in a Christ-like manner. He came to serve, heal, comfort and teach about salvation. We, as extensions of His hands and feet, can do no less.Missions Statement
Medical Equipment Loan System
Did you know we have a great “used” medical equipment loan system and have helped MANY individuals with short term and long term needs? The church would also gladly accept your donations of usable medical equipment.
- Sacks of Snacks, February – (Valentine’s for shut-ins at Oaks Nursing Home, Meals on Wheels, Wildflower Meadows, and Pafford Place)
- Souper Supper providing proceeds for Vet Rides and Meal on Wheels
- Underwear & Socks, September – (underwear and socks are supplied to elementary school nurses to distribute as needed)
- School Supply collection, August- ( Supplies collected and supplied to the elementary schools.)
- Operation Christmas Child Shoe Boxes, October/November – (sends shoe boxes full of basic items to children in need in other countries.)
- Christmas Eve Baskets – Christmas Eve Night – (Basket full of snacks are taken to the emergency workers in Burnet)
FUMC has joined with other congregations to pool resources and provide emergency food assistance to those in need. A budgeted amount is given monthly to LA Care. Members of the congregation serve on the LA Care Board and as volunteers.
CarePortal brings the needs of children and families in Burnet County to the attention of 9 local churches.
Child welfare workers uncover those needs. The CarePortal then makes local churches aware. This information is then sent by Email to people attending First United Methodist Church Burnet giving us the real-time opportunity to respond to those needs.